BURO already initiated a massive rehabilitation program by construction and repairing of damaged houses, installation of tube-well and sanitary latrine, distribution of agricultural inputs among the flood and cyclone affected poor families with the assistance from the SDC and Stromme Foundation .
A snap shot on BURO Rehabilitation Program
|Sl No.||Name of donor||Rehabilitation assistance||Locations assisted|
|1||Swiss Development Cooperation-SDC||- 900 low cost house construction,- installation of 1200 slab latrines- installation of 150 new tube wells
- repairing of 100 damaged tube wells
- 600 families for agricultural rehabilitation
|6 flood affected unions under Tangail district|
|Stromme Foundation||- construction of 28 low cost housing,||flood affected 2 unions under Munshigonj dist.|
Beside these, BURO Bangladesh has donated from its own fund:
- Tk. 50,000 (Fify Thousand) to the Deputy Commissioner of Tangail’s Relief Fund,
- Tk. 40,000 (Forty Thousand) to Deputy Director of District Social Welfare’s Relief Fund,
- One local NGO of Tangail Tk. 9,120 (Nine Thousand One Hundred Twenty),
- 200 Kg flattened rice and 40 Kg Molasses to the Deputy Commissioner of Munshigang’s Relief Fund,
- 400 Kg flattened rice and 65 Kg Molasses to Deputy Commissioner of Bogra Relief Fund,
- 1,000 Packets Salaine to a local NGO ‘Moushumi’ of Gopalganj
- 2,500 Packets Salaine to another local NGO ‘DIP’ of Natore.