Features of Financial Products of BURO Micro-finance Program
Through its microfinance program, BURO Bangladesh stresses on supporting economic activities to generate employment and income to reduce income inequality among the disadvantaged and the poor. Presently BURO provides its flexible financial services to almost one million poor people through its 629 branch offices countrywide.
Some Special features of BURO Microfinance Program:
- Need based product with scope of diversification
- Customers freedom
- Open withdrawal savings
- Savings withdrawal has no relationship with loan outstanding
- Loan is optional
- Use of commercial money as RLF(Revolving Loan Fund)
- Strong financial discipline and internal control at branch level
- Branch office automation with user-friendly software (ongoing)
- Operational and financial self sufficiency
BURO’s microfinance products have been developed in response to the demand of its customers and specifically designed to assist their economic activities – they are market-led and customer responsive. As a result, BURO Bangladesh has many comparative advantages.