Members of the Governing Body
- S K Sarkar Chairperson
Treasurer, BRAC University
- Altaf Hossain Vice Chairperson
Executive Director, Akij Food & Beverage Limited, Akij Group
- Dr. Md. Nurul Amin Khan Finance Secretary
Social Activist, Former Principal-Government College and Eminent Poet & Educationist
- Md. Rafiqul IslamMember Chief Operating Officer, Supreme Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Anwar-Ul-AlamMember Ex. Ambassador and Government Secretary
- Mirza Quamrun NaherMember Development Activist
- Dr. Rawshan Ara FirozMember
Educationist, Professor, University of Dhaka
- Zakir HossainEx-officio Secretary Founder Executive Director
The Management Team
Founder Executive Director
A diverse career of thirty years having long experience in the development sector especially in financial services program design, management, institutional and organizational development and training of MF-NGO, Implementation of countrywide savings, micro-credit, micro-insurance program including Disaster Management. He is responsible for conducting strategic planning, effective communication liaison and lobbying with credible creditors, donors and civil society representative, ensuring and executing Organizational HR and administrative, financial policies in operations etc. He is aided by Operational Board of Directors (OBD) of four Directors and One Additional Director. He is the current Chairman of INAFI Bangladesh Foundation and Vice-Chairman of INAFI Asia Trust.
M. Mosharrof Hossain
23 years long experience in financial management, fund mobilization, networking, capacity building, System Design, Budget preparation, financial analysis and internal control. Also to design and implement accounting and monitoring systems, savings and credit program management including portfolio management, financial and operational planning. He is the past Chairman of Credit and Development Forum(CDF)- a Network for facilitates microfinance industry.
Md. Sirajul Islam
Director Special Program
23 years long experience in Micro-finance Program and Development Project operation and diverse expertise in managing Disaster Management Program, implementing countrywide inward Foreign Remittance Program.
Khandaker Mahfuzur Rahman
Director Risk Management
29 years experiences in program monitoring and internal audit in the field of Microfinance and other programs. Ensure effective internal audit and regular monitoring of microfinance program as well as for the organization.
Pranesh C. Banik
Additional Director, Special Program
24 years in organizational development, Training and capacity building, partnership management, project management, Organize need based training, workshop and exposure visit, assist in system design and overall capacity building, business development services.
Assistant Director, Program
Mr. Graham A.N. Wright, Group Managing Director, MicroSave
Legal Status of BURO Bangladesh
BURO Bangladesh is registered with:
- The Department of Social Welfare, No. TA. 0489 dated 9th April 1991.
- NGO Affairs Bureau No. 610 dated 19th March 1992.
- The Registrar of Joint Stock Companies & Firms, Bangladesh No. S-7026(214)/07 dated 6th September 2007.
- Licensed from Micro Credit Regulatory Authority (MRA) No.00004-00394-00288 dated 25 June 2008.
- Tax Identification Number (TIN): 142-400-2581.